The mission of the Food Service Department is to provide a variety of appealing, nutritious, and safe meals in an environment that is respectful of student and faculty needs with the commitment of a cost effective and efficient program.


Sarah Hackett, Food Services Supervisor
Phone: 319-526-3717


Wordware is our school lunch program where parents/guardians can access student meal information. One family account provides access to all students’ records in the family. Lunch balances in PowerSchool are not up-to-date. For accurate meal balances and transaction lists, sign in to your account at the Wordware Family Website.

To set up your Wordware Family Account you will need your family key. These are the instructions for creating your family account.

Click here to access the Wordware Family Website.

* Please note that if a child brings a sack lunch, the cost of a carton of milk is .30 cents, regardless of the lunch account status (full pay, reduced, or free).

** Also note, an extra milk is .30 cents. The lunch account must have a positive balance or the student must have the money when they go thru the line.

Iowa Eligibility for Free and Reduced Meals

Keokuk Community School District has made it easier for families to apply for free or reduced priced meals. You can download and complete an application in minutes.

  • Students will obtain eligibility benefits faster
  • Electronic submission ensures that the completed application reaches the district office quickly
  • Secure and confidential

Download and print the Free/Reduced Lunch Program Application Form from the Student Registration page in the District Documents section.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:

Iowa Nondiscrimination Statement

“It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.6, 216.7, and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNP Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office building, 400 E. 14th St. Des Moines, IA 50319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; website:”

Wellness Policy

The student wellness policy can be referenced in Board Policy (504.12).

Regarding Negative Account Balances

Lunch accounts are not meant to be charge accounts. Sufficient funds must be kept in your family account to insure your student will be able to purchase meals. More information can be referenced in Regarding Negative Account Balances and in Board Policy (701.4).