What does the Hawthorne PTO do?
The Parent Teacher Organization at Hawthorne School is comprised of an organization of parents and teachers who work to encourage a closer relationship between home and our school.
- The PTO provides gifts to our school. Recent gifts include: playground equipment on kindergarten, 1st 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th playgrounds; trash receptacles around the building; TV’s and VCR’s in all classrooms and basketball hoop and backboards for playground. In addition it has provided entrance mats, benches, and computers for K-1 computer lab.
- The PTO provides ribbons to Hawthorne students for sportsmanship in physical education.
- The PTO provides Christmas trees and fans to Hawthorne classrooms.
- The PTO gives cards and gifts to school personnel. The PTO “Sunshine Fund” chairperson remembers our teachers and staff in the event of extended illness, death in the family, and the like.
- The PTO provides refreshments to students and parents at school programs and other activities.
- The PTO gives recognition to those who have provided outstanding service to PTO by awarding PTO Life Memberships & Spotlight Awards.
- The PTO has developed an Attendance Incentive Program
The Hawthorne PTO Observes
- American Education Week
- Teacher Appreciation Week
The Hawthorne PTO sponsors and/or assists with:
- Book Fair
- School Pictures
- Kindergarten Rodeo and Roundup
- Room Mothers Program
- Programs by Guest Artists
The Hawthorne PTO Organizes:
- Birthday Lunches
- PTO Spooktacular
- School PTO Handbook/Calendar
- School Shirt Sales
- Birthday Treats
- Monthly PTO Meetings and Special Activities
The Hawthorne PTO meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month at Hawthorne School. Information is also included on the monthly calendar for Hawthorne.