Open Enrollment Information
Per Iowa Code 282.18 open enrolling is a process that allows parents/guardians residing in an Iowa school district the option of enrolling their children into another Iowa school district. There are two deadlines (March 1 and September 1) that must be kept in mind when considering applying for open enrollment.
- March 1: Deadline for regular open enrollment applications for the upcoming school year. There may be exceptions to the March 1 deadline which are based on “good cause.”
- September 1: Deadline for prospective kindergarten students.
The Board of Education will continue to evaluate annually open enrollment policies. Open enrollment into the district is governed by:
- Iowa Code 282.18
- Board Policy 501.31 – Open Enrollment Transfers Into the District
- Board Policy 501.32 – Open Enrollment Transfers Out of the District
- Board Policy 501.33 – Student Building Assignments
- Board Policy 606.06 – Insufficient Classroom Space
- 2021-2022 Open Enrollment Parent Notification
- 2022-2023 Open Enrollment Application
- 2020-2021 Open Enrollment Handbook
- 2021-2022 Open Enroll Transportation Assistance Guidance
For More Information:
- To obtain an open enrollment handbook, application, or for more information, please refer to the Iowa Department of Education website.