The Keokuk Community School District provides an educational foundation where students are active participants in becoming adaptable and critical thinkers along with achieving the skills necessary (academic/vocational) for lifetime success. (Dec. 2008)
- child development and education are the highest priorities.
- in students mastering basic academic skills in the early grades confirmed by comprehensive assessment.
- in identifying proficiencies in all levels and content areas based on high standards and confirmed by comprehensive assessment.
- in a secure and nurturing environment that builds self-esteem.
- in a learning environment appropriate for the changing needs of our students and work world.
- in clean and safe facilities.
- in schools which value and understand each student’s uniqueness and enable all students to reach their full potential.
- in treating all students with respect.
- in the development of social responsibility and citizenship.
- schools should create opportunities for exploration and preparation for a diversity of careers.
- in providing effective professional staff leadership.
- that staff are more effective when supported by family and community.
- that involvement by and communication among the community, family, staff and learners is vital to education at all levels.
- in utilizing technology to improve student achievement.
The beliefs of the Keokuk Community Schools were adopted by the Board of Education.